Updated COVID-19 Notice (6/12/20)
We are open by appointment only. If you have traveled outside the state, we are asking that you wait 14 days upon returning before scheduling your appointment with us. We are maintaining social distancing protocols to ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff. In accordance with CDC, American Academy of Ophthalmology, American Optometry Association and State of Indiana guidelines, you may notice the following changes at your visit:
- Doctors, staff and patients are required to wear a mask over their nose and mouth whenever they are in the building. All patients will be screened for symptoms of illness and travel history before entering. Temperature for all patients and staff will be checked at the door. **If you refuse to wear a mask or complete our screening, we will be unable to see you.**
- Doctor schedules have been reduced to limit the amount of patients who are in the offices at any given time. This minimizes contact between patients and allows us to thoroughly sanitize all surfaces between patient visits.
- Our doors are locked, so when you arrive for your visit, please remain in your car and call us. We will call you when we are ready for you to come inside.
- We will meet you at the door, where we will provide hand sanitizer and check your temperature with a non-contact thermometer. Those with a fever of 100.4 F or higher will be asked to reschedule.
- We ask that only the patient enter the building; family members are asked to stay home or wait in the car unless they are absolutely needed for the exam. Our waiting room has been set up for social distancing
For effective social distancing, we must limit the number of patients that physically enter our building. We must also prioritize our patients with sight-threatening medical conditions and eye emergencies.
Optical, Eyeglasses, and Contact Lenses
We are happy to help with eyeglass adjustments or repairs, but we cannot allow you into the building to do so. Please call when you arrive, and an optician will come out to help you. If you are being seen for an appointment and need glasses, you will be allowed to stay inside in optical and take care of this. If you must choose glasses another day, you will be scheduled by appointment only. Again, you are required to wear a mask upon entering our building. If you are picking up glasses, call us when you arrive. Please remain in your car, and we will bring your glasses out to you.
Current contact lens wearers with a valid prescription can order contact lenses through our website or over the phone. During our COVID protocol, we are offering free ship to home to further protect ourselves and our patients by reducing the number of people entering the building. We are not offering services for new contact lens wearers at this time until we receive further guidance from the CDC/WHO and AAO/AOA.
We have remained open for emergency visits throughout the COVID-19 crisis. If you experience eye pain, redness, or sudden changes in vision, please call us and we will see you as soon as possible. DO NOT go to an emergency room or urgent care for any eye problems, as hospitals and clinics continue to be overwhelmed.
Thank you to all of our wonderful patients for your understanding as we continue to navigate this crisis.